Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review

So we're back to the tried and true "aircraft grade aluminium" sales waffle again. Wasn't "Series 7483 space station grade aluminium" catchy enough?
RGB? Who woulda guessed. It's high time it became mainstream, not enough computer stuff sports RGB yet.

Branding is everything.
Of course it is. It makes the sales. Who's gonna test for the difference between "aircraft grade aluminium" and "aluminium of sorts" that you can pick up at your local DIY store for a keyboard? And who cares? The manufacturer can charge more and boost sales with quotes like that. The fact is that the BS baffles brains quote is indisputable. Ask any Trump supporter, or Apple fan.

I wanted the speed switches, but the price on the K65 RGB TKL (MX Reds) won me over when I saw it refurbished for $100 on Newegg. Corsair has some really nice stuff when it comes to keyboards and I would recommend getting one if they're anything like this one.

Branding is everything.
Of course it is. It makes the sales. Who's gonna test for the difference between "aircraft grade aluminium" and "aluminium of sorts" that you can pick up at your local DIY store for a keyboard? And who cares? The manufacturer can charge more and boost sales with quotes like that. The fact is that the BS baffles brains quote is indisputable. Ask any Trump supporter, or Apple fan.
I like this guy.

Because corrosion. El Cheapo aluminium will pit and spot with exposure to sweat.
What part of the aircraft quality aluminium are we talking here? Fuselage? Landing gear? Hydraulic tubes? A simple in-flight cup holder or rails to hold the carpets in place. There are hundreds of different grades of aluminium on a 'typical' aircraft but aircraft aluminium is aircraft aluminium to the consumer and at least Corsairs' statement is sweeping and there's no way to prove they're bullsh1tting, if they are. A good thing.

So we're back to the tried and true "aircraft grade aluminium" sales waffle again.

Rather they put the grade like "6061-T6 Aluminum"? Because that just rolls off the tongue... Or maybe they're using a grade of 2024, highly doubtful because 6061 is the most commonly available form of corrosion resistant aluminum on the market and easily extruded, which is how they make the back plate, also one of the more affordable ones. Remember who they are trying to appeal to, gamers, children, people who don't know or care to know much more than "Wow Flashy Lights and Airplane!" If you're not impressed, just don't buy one, no one will judge you or think any more or less of you. Point is it is a nice keyboard, worth $200? no absolutely not, but people are going to buy it regardless.

The main selling point is actuation point down to 1.2mm from 2mm, and actuation weight 45grams. I use gaming keyboards for typing and this makes a huge difference. I use razer chroma now, which is almost perfect, but I guess corsair got it right this time both for gamers and typers.

I am flabbergasted to find that Corsair wants $200 for a keyboard!!! This is outrageous! It's a keyboard, and it's NOT EVEN CORDLESS. After reading this article, I have lost all respect for Corsair. Wireless or even Bluetooth keyboards are excellent these days, for a fraction of the cost. I will never buy a Corsair product again after seeing this. They have lost all credibility in my mind. Convincing weak-minded people to spend that kind of money on a keyboard is ridiculously crooked, and manipulative.

I'm voting with my feet. NO! No $200 effing keyboards. I just watched a review of this where their software is still glitchy. What's up with that? I have a Corsair watercooler myself and have built many client computers using Corsair chassis, watercoolers and memory, and was actually thinking of getting a Corsair Strafe even though it has a plastic backboard, but now I'm not buying Corsair anymore. Also, this RGB trend is just BS bling. I need backlighting, sure, but I don't need my keyboard to look like a cheap penny arcade. Do you? Really? Since when do gamers stare at their keyboard while gaming? If you do that, I want to play you for money. This is just too damn much. Corsair need to work on their software and make sure it can properly and EASILY control their hardware, and they need to stop trying to soak their customer base or they'll lose them, like they just lost me. I'm out, Corsair.

I've never broken a keyboard of any brand, yet. I don't need aircraft grade anything. The addition of a volume wheel is nice, but most certainly not worth the premium.

The main selling point is actuation point down to 1.2mm from 2mm, and actuation weight 45grams. I use gaming keyboards for typing and this makes a huge difference. I use razer chroma now, which is almost perfect, but I guess corsair got it right this time both for gamers and typers.

Such a load of crap. You can type fine on most keyboards and gaming doesn't require any more actuation than a normal keyboard.

Hi, bought myself the Corsair K70 RGB MX Speed keyboard recently, I wanted the MX Blue, but there was no stock, so I chose the MX Speed.
Been through at least a dozen keyboards since my Windows 3.1 days, by far the best keyboard I've used.
Pricey, so one would expect it to be top quality, and it is. It looks, sounds, feels solid, pure quality, a lifetime keyboard.

I am flabbergasted to find that Corsair wants $200 for a keyboard!!! This is outrageous! It's a keyboard, and it's NOT EVEN CORDLESS. After reading this article, I have lost all respect for Corsair. Wireless or even Bluetooth keyboards are excellent these days, for a fraction of the cost. I will never buy a Corsair product again after seeing this. They have lost all credibility in my mind. Convincing weak-minded people to spend that kind of money on a keyboard is ridiculously crooked, and manipulative.

Razer does the same but worse!
But everyone who sees my Razer gear is blown away.
It's worth it!

And STILL the number pad is on the WRONG SIDE!

You aren't 'getting it' techspot.

Keyboards don't have the correct layout at all for most.

Not for databases, gamers or even just casual users who are MASSIVELY left hand dominant.

You failed.

What comment board has no way to edit comments?

Techspot is stuck in the 1980s in SO many ways.

Besides the illogical and hand hurting layout, the keys on most keyboards are far too close to one another and many don't give easy acess to f keys at all.

And STILL the number pad is on the WRONG SIDE!

You aren't 'getting it' techspot.

Keyboards don't have the correct layout at all for most.

Not for databases, gamers or even just casual users who are MASSIVELY left hand dominant.

You failed.
Why would you even need a number pad for gaming? get a MOBA mouse and map all your keys. ..

Back