CPU display does not work

Hello,

I am posting a thread on my desktop that for some reason does not want to display anything on startup. Previously I was able to start the computer, however, the display would randomly shutoff. Now it does not want to display anything on startup. Prior to complete malfunction, the computer was wiped of all viruses, hdd replaced, and power supply as well. I tested the monitor to see if it was an issue with it and proved that the monitor works perfectly fine. The computer was also cleaned of all dust, in an effort to cross off another potential problem off the list.

After all this trouble shooting, I'm out of ideas. I was hoping that anyone was able to suggest any ideas as to how to fix this problem. I very well appreciate your time and if there's any missing information that is required let me know.

Sincerely,

Richard

I'll give it a shot. Is there a cheap site you'd recommend I can find motherboards? Ebay has it for $80 used but the cheaper the better since I'm selling the setup

One of my desktops wouldn't boot up and I suspected the motherboard. In this case it was easy to check the state of the radial capacitors on the motherboard. Two were bulging on the top and blackened.

If you replace the motherboard watch out for BIOS compatibility. I had what appeared a perfect match but the Bios wouldn't recognise the processor. I was in a chicken and egg situation. To flash the Bios I needed to boot into Windows and to boot into Windows was impossible without a later version of the Bios.

Back