Cpu heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh33

hi i am building a new pc cosmos case q6600 and a evga 122--cknf67-t1 mb i am looking for suggestions on good heatsink . some i had preference to were thermaltake v1 thermalright hr-01 and zerotherm nv120 nirvana.which of these will cool the best and up for any suggestions all new for me .thanks.

The best would be the TRUE (Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme).

Many others do come close though, things like the Noctua NH U12P, scythe ninja2.... None really come to mind right now. The nv120 should be pretty good as well.

noctua heatsink

thanks for the reply like the noctua because it already comes with a good fan and according to the reviews doesn't need to be lapped out of the box .read a recent review that the noctua went toe to toe with the 120 extreme .anybody else that has one and can report on its performance it would be greatly appreciated.thanks again

Generally the flatness of the base is based on luck.

You gotta be lucky that your CPU is flat, and lucky that your heatsink is flat. That is why you lap both.

The noctua does go toe to toe with the TRUE. Doubt you'd go any better with aircooled systems. Only the best watercooling systems would beat these giants...

memory

along the heatsink question it will be either the 120 or the noctua .my question is my memory is going to be corsair c4dx 6400 it is the ones with the cooling fins on top anybody using these with any of these 2 heatinks and are there clearance issues /thanks.

The Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme and the Tuniq Tower 120 are excellent HSFs. The NV120 is awesome as well, and may end up being cheaper since it ships with a fan. Also, look at the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 as an equally-excellent cheaper alternative. The absolute best HSF though has to be the OCZ Vendetta 2.

If you're looking to get a third-party fan, then get either one of these: Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, Scythe Kaze Jyuni "Slipstream" 120mm 1200RPM\1900RPM, Yate Loon D12SM-12, Panaflo L1A\H1A

The Kaze Jyuni comes in many flavors, although a faster fan means a louder one. My personal favorites are the Panaflo fans. The L1A cranks out 70CFM at a relatively quiet 30dBA while the H1A throws 100+ CFM at 40dBA.

I personally use the Scythe S-flex SFF21E. It doesn't push as much air, but I wanted something a little quieter....

I am going to get the thermalright ifx-14,read some very good reviews on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back