CPU not powered?

Joedoug22

Everything else is good. PSU fan spinning, power button working, GPU fan on (built in on EVGA GeForce GTX 750 ti SuperClocked), and it's plugged in by the PSU. The CPU fan isn't turning on either, yet it's plugged in. Sounds like anything fixable?

Thanks for any replies,
Joe

Need more information. Need make and model information on the Motherboard, CPU, PSU. Is the CPU fan a stock fan or aftermarket fan? Have you tried to remove and then re-seat the CPU? If you remove it, check for bent or broken pins.

We'll definitely need more details to offer assistance. But, I'd recommend as the user above suggested - reseat CPU and check for bent pins. Also, I'd go and make sure all connectors are properly in place. Make sure that your 4-8 pin CPU connector is plugged in - it's very easy to miss.

Try booting with just the essentials (RAM,MOBO,CPU,GPU) don't plug in any peripherals.

Need more information. Need make and model information on the Motherboard, CPU, PSU. Is the CPU fan a stock fan or aftermarket fan? Have you tried to remove and then re-seat the CPU? If you remove it, check for bent or broken pins.
We'll definitely need more details to offer assistance. But, I'd recommend as the user above suggested - reseat CPU and check for bent pins. Also, I'd go and make sure all connectors are properly in place. Make sure that your 4-8 pin CPU connector is plugged in - it's very easy to miss.

Try booting with just the essentials (RAM,MOBO,CPU,GPU) don't plug in any peripherals.

It's all the old original parts of the ET1331-02. I tried reseating the CPU. It only takes 4 pins to power, all plugged in. Everything is powered BUT the CPU Im pretty sure. Normally when I boot it up I get one beep from the board and now I get nothing. The CPU fan won't even turn on. I took out the fan and CPU and tried booting, but it's the same thing as it was before. Any other ideas?

The power supply may have failed. Just because it is providing some power doesn't mean it's working properly. Do you have access to another PSU for test purposes? If it isn't the PSU, it could be the motherboard.

The power supply may have failed. Just because it is providing some power doesn't mean it's working properly. Do you have access to another PSU for test purposes? If it isn't the PSU, it could be the motherboard.
I tried the PSU on another PC and it worked fine.

The issue as you describe it might be caused for a variety of reasons. I would check the following:
1) PSU -as said might spin the fans but can't power up system
2) Re-seat RAM. You'll be surprised what a bad seated ram can do to a pc.
3)CPU - Bad cpu - no boot.
4) Mobo. From beeing good to completely broken there are many stages between. So fans might be working but that does not mean that mobo is ok.

The issue as you describe it might be caused for a variety of reasons. I would check the following:
1) PSU -as said might spin the fans but can't power up system
2) Re-seat RAM. You'll be surprised what a bad seated ram can do to a pc.
3)CPU - Bad cpu - no boot.
4) Mobo. From beeing good to completely broken there are many stages between. So fans might be working but that does not mean that mobo is ok.
Lol this is an old thread I built a new computer last month nothing wrong with it, but that you for the info.

Back