CPU usage mostly at 100%, super fast blinking cursor, super fast time clock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, im having problems when i try to install Windows Xp pro. I been using it since it came and never had problems, but now after i decided to format my pc after been some time since my last format (also was acting kind of slugish), the typing cursor blinks super fast, the time clock on the desktop goes very fast too, each minutes goes as if it were seconds, when i do the ctrl+alt+del to see the cpu usage, its always at 100%, the light at the pc tower that shows when the hard disk is reading/writing blinks very fast, and if i try to double click an icon on the desktop nothing happens, the only way to open the icon or make it work is by right clicking on it. I even reformated hoping for the problem to be solved and still got the very same problem. I was forced to install a copy of Windows Me i happened to have on the mean time. Any ideas or any clue what could be wrong?

Good day

Welcome to TechSpot

Fill in your User Profile (top left on any screen).
Tell us about installed software, how you connect to the internet etc.

Meager as your info is, perhaps a BIOS-update could work. Check if the mobo-battery is nearly gone. Replace if older than 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back