CPU wont start, no beeps or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I cleaned my computer and when I tried to start it I got nothing not even any beeps, the power comes on fans come on but nothing else my monitor wont turn on. since clips were broken on my motherboard I bought a new motherboard and hard drive while I was at it, anyways i put those in take my old hard drive out still the same thing, no beeps, i tested my chip and my ram in a different computer and they worked so i dont know what this could be any help would be greatly appreciated

faroutguy said:
Ok, so I cleaned my computer and when I tried to start it I got nothing not even any beeps, the power comes on fans come on but nothing else my monitor wont turn on. since clips were broken on my motherboard I bought a new motherboard and hard drive while I was at it, anyways i put those in take my old hard drive out still the same thing, no beeps, i tested my chip and my ram in a different computer and they worked so i dont know what this could be any help would be greatly appreciated

Also i just installed a new dvd-ram drive so i thought maybe the power supply wasnt holding up its own for power, so i unplugged the new drive nothing, unplugged the old cd rom along with the dvd ram and still nothing

Start by filling in your User Profile (top left) with PC-data.
Unless it was an identical motherboard, you will need to reinstall from scratch as the Windows on that old HD contains hardware-info for the OLD mobo, which will not work (in 99%) with the NEW mobo.
With just your videocard (or integrated video) on, nothing else, can you go into BIOS?

well i just went and bought a new power supply and it fixed my problem, my profile is filled in now, and before it was a new hd put in the old one was takin out, and i couldn't get anywhere fans would come on and some lights came on to, but no beeps no bios no video, but a new power supply fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back