crazy gamin rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

techkill

do you guys think this is a good gamin rig

Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA Silver Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case – Retail
PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI-PFC ATX12V 510W Power Supply 90 - 264V UL/ ULC/ TUV/ CE – Retail
ABIT AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Manchester 1GHz FSB 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor – Retail
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory – Retail
Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200JB 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
REFURBISHED: MSI NX7800GTX-VT2D256E (Lite) Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card White Box – OEM
LITE-ON Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner – Retail
Thermaltake Silent Boost 80mm Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink – Retail

I'm not a fan of Refurb equipment, but if you're a gambler, by all means.

You may want to use an AMD FX processor as they're still faster for gaming than the dual cores.

Other than that, I'd say you might want to add a WD Raptor drive for your OS as its a lot faster than that 300Gb drive, but smaller too. Otherwise, you should be able to play all the games for the next few months at full res and quality.

its nice but by all means not crazy....... get dual BFG 7800GTX's SLi'ed or preferably wait untill the new dual gpu ati cards come out witch will rock Nvida :angel: add 3 more gig of the same dualchannel RAM get a few SATA II HD's liquid cool the *****. thennnnnnnn you would have an insane gaming rig untill then i call your computer above average not crazy.

ok....

SenateKT said:
its nice but by all means not crazy....... get dual BFG 7800GTX's SLi'ed or preferably wait untill the new dual gpu ati cards come out witch will rock Nvida

I like ATI, but until you have actually seen benches with the crossfire cards, how can you say that.

SenateKT said:
add 3 more gig of the same dualchannel RAM

Why in gods name would a gamer need 4 gigs of RAM? and how would you get 4 sticks into dual channel?

SenateKT said:
get a few SATA II HD's
There is no bandwith increase with SATA II. It offers NCQ but that is about it. Now SATA 3G, has double the bandwith of SATAI, but there is no hard drive (at least consumer based) that could use all of that bandwith up

You should not criticize other peoples PCs if you have no real advice.

But your rig looks strong..except for the x2 (if your a gamer) . BUt to be ready for the future it was a good choice.

Sean

ok first of all notice how i put the smiling angel thats cuz im joking and im an ati guy.... second of all he wanted crazy and 4 gigs or ram is crazy 1 gig is normal.... third of all his HD is a large IDE and SATA II does have more bandwidth forth of all http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-42
there's some 1GB sticks of dual channel designed memory and last but not least he is using fan cooling and every one knows CRAZY *** gaming rig use liquid.

soooooo he came on saying his rig was CRAZY i simply pionted out its an above average gaming rig NOT craziest of the crazy layoff..........

Give me your defintion of crazy?
I was simply pointing out that

A. Why is SATA II consiered crazy good?
B. Why is 4 gigs even Needed...
C. Two of those sticks you listed will work in dual channel. Not four...which would be needed for 4 gigs.

I just dont get why your saying his rig isnt good. I bet it would beat yours...i know it would beat mine

Sean

u can quote my first comment i said its "nice" its good and above average but not the best..... crazy to me means the best of the best... i dunno maybe thats just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back