Critical System Errors! Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to read up on stuff and I went ahead and downloaded hijackthis and changed the file name and made a log as well. I need to know what is going on. I have have this Crital System Error on my toolbar for a while, but I recently started getting Symantec Email Errors too so I'm trying to get get things cleaned up. Appreciate the help.

Chris

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Your system is infected with several pieces of malware.

Please copy and paste these instructions into notepad and save it to your desktop.

Now,
Reboot your computer into safe mode. Do this by pressing F8 repeatedly immediately after startup. Be sure that 'safe mode' is selected.

After your computer is started up (in safe mode), open the notepad file on your desktop and then run HiJackThis with no other programs open except notepad.

Have HiJackThis scan and save a logfile.

Have it fix the following entries (if there) by placing a check in the box:

O21 - SSODL: bonspells - {11853d5f-f894-4cc7-bbc3-fc7a9dcfd896} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\okkmtv.dll

Go into the Windows Task Manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete. End the following processes (if there):

C:\Program Files\QualityCodec\pmsngr.exe

C:\Program Files\QualityCodec\pmmon.exe

Now, go into C:\Program Files\QualityCodec and delete the following files (if there):

pmsngr.exe

pmmon.exe

Now you've made it through the hard part. Just reboot your computer into normal mode, run HiJackThis (scan and save a logfile), and post the logfile here.

Cheers

--kitty

This thread is for the use of chriswi only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, start your own new thread in the Security & the Web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to go to add remove programmes and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

QualityCodec

Follow the rest of the instructions as given by kitty500cat. Before booting into normal mode delete the following bold files/folders.

C:\Program Files\QualityCodec<Delete the entire folder.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\okkmtv.dll<If you have difficulty in deleting this, please let us know.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chriswi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back