Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster

Currently, there are these mainboards on the market:

ABit AT8
Asus A8R-MVP
DFI RDX200
MSI RD480 Neo2-FI

Which one should I use?

I heard that they stopped to sell the ABit AT8 because of problems, and that the A8R-MVP is having some VCore problems. Also, a couple of people with the DFI claim that they have lots of reboot problems.

I haven't found anything on the MSI...

Being subjective, I would go for MSI. My last 3 mainboards have been MSI and they are awesome boards. The one that I have now it's a pretty old one, but it's extremely stable and didn't cause any problems in more than 2 years.

My most stable and recent computer uses a MSI but these Crossfire chipsets seem hard to design around. I see some people reporting problems with the Asus, Abit and DFI but the MSI seems either too recent or is OK. Apart from that I seem to read that the DFI is better over the Asus and Abit (Bugs), and that the MSI is faster than the DFI.

If you don't overclock, go for sapphire. Most stable motherboard at this moment aside from ATI reference motherboard. Stay away from Asus. I just got one, it is not usable (DOA) and I had to RMA'd it. I just ordered Abit because I overclock it.

Hi, forgot to tell, I got the computer yesterday. I went with MSI RD480 Neo2-FI as it was easier for the local shop to get MSI.

good choice, i have that board and am completely satisified with the performance, the only downside is no 3.0 sata :(

bios is clear and easy and the core cell addition is amazing for dynamic overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back