Crowdfunding project for Titanic game lets players relive the final hours of the ship in real-time

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A game seeking funding on Indiegogo has recreated the RMS Titanic, putting players in control of Robert Morgan as he races to clear his name and escape the ill-fated ship as it begins to sink in real-time.

As outlined in the video pitch for the campaign, gamers are free to choose exactly how they want to live out the ship’s remaining hours and minutes after colliding with an iceberg in the North Atlantic.

What makes Titanic: Honor and Glory so appealing is the level of detail and authenticity that’s going into it. According to its creators, they performed massive amounts of research and consulted with some of the world’s top Titanic experts in an effort to recreate the ship just as it was when it set sail in 1912.

crowdfunding titanic gaming indiegogo titanic honor and glory interactive game

The game offers two modes of play. In story mode, gamers fill the role of the aforementioned Morgan as he works to clear his name of “horrible crimes” for which the police are actively pursuing him. Free roam mode, meanwhile, allows users to do just that – roam the city of Southampton, the docks and the ship with no objectives, minimal crowds and no time limits.

If you’re a history buff or are otherwise interested in a unique style of gameplay, this might be worth a look.

For all of the progress the design team has made thus far (this is phase three of the project), there’s still a lot of work left to do. They’re seeking out $250,000 to help continue moving forward. If you’re interested in helping out, a $50 pledge will guarantee you a digital download of the completed game when the time comes.

Permalink to story.

Does it come with a boat trip ticket? (I don't mean for kayaking) :)

There are a few unemployed, strong-hand Irish workers still left here, in Belfast, place of the original, who surely can build one again ;)

I can't believe no one has rebuilt the Titanic as a modern day cruise ship. That would be a cruise I'd love to take. Then there would be no need in games such as this. The initial cruise could probably pay for the ship, with the amount of money some people would pay to be the first ones.

This reminds me of an educational game like the Oregon Trail, except almost seeming to be much more boring for a small child. For some reason I'm visualizing a game like Myst.

The actual game-play is likely to be quite different than their presentation of what the ship looks like. They didn't get into game-play as the ship was sinking. The only showed some of the scenes you would see as you toured the ship. Even then this was early in development without any people. That could always change.

Is there already a guy that lives in China planning on re-building Titanic?
No doubt. If it's anything like their knockoff cars, it will be a clip on conversion kit over the top of this
AltonWales2011127.jpg

The Blue Star Titanic II is being built by a Chinese shipyard.

There are a few unemployed, strong-hand Irish workers still left here, in Belfast, place of the original, who surely can build one again ;)
And we all know how well that worked out the first time......:theboatsinks: :'(

No doubt. If it's anything like their knockoff cars, it will be a clip on conversion kit over the top of this
15678_247698775162038e8207a.jpg

This is right down on the Delaware River waterfront. I think the double stacks would make it a better fit for a Titanic II rehab.

Plus, it's rusted out so badly, it would probably go down faster than a Philly sports team in the playoffs(y) or (n)which ever holds the most symbolism for ya!:)

"I know that my farts will go on". I wonder if we should pitch a rewrite to Celine Dione on the song as well...:confused:

This is right down on the Delaware River waterfront. I think the double stacks would make it a better fit for a Titanic II rehab.
Bit of a sad sight considering her Blue Riband record.
You think new ownership might continue the proud tradition of US mercantile shipping changing to Chinese registration? :D "Oriental Nicety" - someone was having a laugh!
Plus, it's rusted out so badly, it would probably go down faster than a Philly sports team in the playoffs
There's probably a Mark Sanchez/Co-ed joke in there somewhere.:eek:

Do you really think Harland & Wolff will want to undertake a project like that again?

That's how they got famous, no matter what happened after, or perhaps more so because it did.
You do understand there's a difference between "infamous", and "famous", er don't you? There's also the whole false advertising stigma to be lived down. You know, "the unsinkable ship", and all that.

Besides, I'm with DBZ on this one. They should send the SS United States to China for a rehab. Make it the "Titanic 2". At least people who are willing to put in an honest days work would get it, instead of people merely sitting on their a**es claiming, we're #1 while being overcompensated for it.

You do understand there's a difference between "infamous", and "famous", er don't you? There's also the whole false advertising stigma to be lived down. You know, "the unsinkable ship", and all that.

Besides, I'm with DBZ on this one. They should send the SS United States to China for a rehab. Make it the "Titanic 2". At least people who are willing to put in an honest days work would get it, instead of people merely sitting on their a**es claiming, we're #1 while being overcompensated for it.
I_c78c0f_2147167.jpg

Or you could pay American shipwrights to convert it into "The Supermax of the Seas" to house those "merely sitting on their a**es".
Think of the opportunities - testing the validity of the Bermuda Triangle...valiant breakwater for cyclone/hurricane/tsunami threatened towns....

Or you could pay American shipwrights to convert it into "The Supermax of the Seas" to house those "merely sitting on their a**es".
Think of the opportunities - testing the validity of the Bermuda Triangle...valiant breakwater for cyclone/hurricane/tsunami threatened towns....
That's a great idea. BTW, do you have a branch of the ACLU in New Zealand?

The definition of, "cruel and unusual punishment", has been downgraded to an ankle bracelet and a slap on the wrist. Plus, the slap is still considered open to negotiation.

There's always the possibility of a refit, (no matter where it's performed), then sinking it at Botany Bay, as a five star hotel. That's as close to penal use as it's ever likely to get..

That's a great idea. BTW, do you have a branch of the ACLU in New Zealand?
If you aren't a civil libertarian in New Zealand and they catch you, I think you're placed in a non-offensive neutral pastel hued room and asked politely to reflect on your behaviour.
The definition of, "cruel and unusual punishment", has been downgraded to an ankle bracelet and a slap on the wrist. Plus, the slap is still considered open to negotiation.
A slap on the wrist here means a two year Governmental inquiry, confidential payout for emotional harm, and subsidised grief counselling.
There's always the possibility of a refit, (no matter where it's performed), then sinking it at Botany Bay, as a five star hotel. That's as close to penal use as it's ever likely to get..
Sounds good - with the added attraction of recreational diving punctuated by near misses from James Cameron's submersible.

Back