Crysis Quad core support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham_s

Ok I've read a lot about this but can't find any useful answers, as some people say they have no problems.

I should be able to run crysis totally maxed out as i have the following:

Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @2.66GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce 9800GX2 and Vista 32bit.

However, the game runs very sluggishly at very high settings and occasionally on high settings (when i look at water in the game (so i had to turn that to medium)).

I have read that crysis doesn't support quad core processors, so i had thought that if I had a dual core instead, then it would be running fine at top quality. But i have also read that some people are having no problems with their quad core processors. I have also read that crytek have decided not to fix any bugs and release another patch. I have tried new drivers for my GPU but nothing else. Any suggestions?

Also, i have read that the crysis demo DOES support quad core but the full game doesn't...

Crysis takes advantage of quad-core CPUs properly with the latest patches installed. However, it is still impossible to run at very high detail settings (4X AA, 8xAF), at a resolution of more than 1680x1050 without suffering a serious performance hit. Even that resolution needs an HD 4870X2 to give acceptable frame rates. Unless you're content gaming at 1280x1024, you won't see any improvements in your frame rates.

hmmm I see. ok, thanks for your help.

Crysis takes advantage of quad-core CPUs properly with the latest patches installed. However, it is still impossible to run at very high detail settings (4X AA, 8xAF), at a resolution of more than 1680x1050 without suffering a serious performance hit. Even that resolution needs an HD 4870X2 to give acceptable frame rates. Unless you're content gaming at 1280x1024, you won't see any improvements in your frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back