Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing

Row1

Hi, Everyone- when typing on a new Asus EEE 1015, with Win 7, the cursor will suddenly jump backwards to an earlier spot in the text. This happens a lot, and makes it difficult to type anything.

I googled and saw this problem for many systems and OSs, but it seems like mainly a laptop and netbook problem. some people have erduced sensitivity on touchpads, or have updated touchpad drivers, or have installed a program that disconnects the touchpad when the keys are being used.

We know we are not touching the touchpad accidentally. you can really perch your fingers way above, and the jump still happens. We have decreased the sensitivity on the touchpad, and the jumping still happens.

We also have an Asus EEE 1005 Win XP, for almost a year, with absolutely no cursor jumping.

Any info specific to this set-up? I would love to hear any insights, before I go into a long routine of upgraing BIOS, upgrading touchpad drives, etc.

As the PC is new I would return it under warranty as this is most likely a hardware issue.

The only quick fix that might work is to reinstall the touchpad drivers from the Asus site. You could also check in the touchpad settings to see what is set for making the cursor disappear during typing, change the setting from whatever it is at present and see if that helps.

Back