Cursor jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a Toshiba laptop, L 355D-57809 Everything works great except for the keyboard. Everytime I try and type fast about a sentence or 2 into it the cursor jumps back into part of my message that already typed and screws up the message. I have tried to find a solution at Toshiba but they don't seem to have any available. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dave

it has to be under warranty i would try to get a replacement or get it fixed under the warranty. did it ever work right or it came out of the box like that.

Yes it's still under warranty, however if you ever sent a laptop in for warranty you would find it can take a very long time to get it returned. I was just wondering if anyone know if the was some setting for the keyboard that could be causing this to happen???? It doesn't do it all the time but is very annoying of couse. And yes it has been doing this since I got it. DJ

Replacing a laptop keyboard is easy. It is the easiest repair other than replacing the battery. You are being a little foolish not having the laptop repaired under warranty, no matter how long it takes. Who did you buy it from? Joe's Pizza Shop?

Hey,
this is common with a lot of laptops. Turning off the touch pad like adweston said is most probably a good solution.

Go to Mouse properties in the Control Panel and go to the tab at the very right and turn it off from there. picture 1

You can also turn off the touch pad on some laptops by holding the Fn key and pressing F7 may just be Acers though.

With Dell you can stop the Touch pad from loading on startup also

Thanks Rev and Adweston for your advise. That did the trick. I figured it was something simple that could be adjusted or changed. What is really Foolish is to return a computer for a repair when its not broken just needing adjustment. Apparently TPmagic's computer knowledge came from Joe's Pizza Shop

Touchpads can be really sensitive. You should see the one in my Mac. If I come within an inch of it all hell breaks loose. lol :D

I do a ton of laptop repairs.. Even my staff commented on how many we do in a week. I can pretty much tell you what brands have what problems, what is causing what problems, what needs to be replaced, many times without seeing it, in a matter of five minutes.

Oh. And don't buy an Acer. lmao. :D

haha. Now that I mention Acer.. I had a guy bring in an Acer Aspire. This thing looks like it has been through a war. Every piece of the chassis is smashed, fan grills melted (like, missing altogether), buttons broken off, hinges broken in half, with coat hangers duct taped to the lid to hold it together.

It is absolutely demoed. He has insisted it be rebuilt, which is what we're in the process of doing. I've never seen a laptop that badly beaten up. But.. It sure is fun fixing it.

Sorry, just thought I'd share that with you. I should take pictures of it. :p

I have the same issue from time to time. Your touchpad is too sensitive and you are brushing it somehow. BTW- this is NOT the laptop forum.

if you can take a picture of that it will make my week :p coat hanger lid haha

img0017un0.jpg

img0019lh7.jpg

img0021fy5.jpg

Isn't it purty? lol. I'm still wondering what happened to it. It wasn't like that when he brought it in a couple months ago for maintenance.

Thanks Rev and Adweston for your advise. That did the trick. I figured it was something simple that could be adjusted or changed. What is really Foolish is to return a computer for a repair when its not broken just needing adjustment. Apparently TPmagic's computer knowledge came from Joe's Pizza Shop

You spend big bucks on a new in- Warranty laptop, pull it out of the box and the touch pad is too sensitive... You don't return it for warranty repair. You deserve to struggle with not having a touchpad

I'm thinking you should pay attention to your own signature...?

That's the way they are.. Many people's typing style results in thumbs touching the touchpad as they type. That's not a warranty issue, and there's nothing they'd be able to do to fix it.

...you may be the biggest fool here at the moment...

Could be, yup.

I always thought fools recommended replacing brand new parts that had nothing to do with the problem and have hissy fits when they're called on it, but I could be wrong.

Laptop mouse pads and keyboards are electrically related, although they are replaced separately. I imagine the the mousepad's sensitivity can be adjusted. It just sounded more like a keyboard issue at the start

whats the point in sending it away fro up to 8 weeks with some companies to then spend 15 minutes tweaking the control pannel setings to get the best sensitivity from the mouse pad. EVen then the problem could be missunderstood and either they end it back as fixed or replace the whole laptop and treat it as unfair use and leave you with no laptop and a bill for repair...its just not worth bothering about and i could list sooo many people who have had the same problem as this...i rest my case

Laptop mouse pads and keyboards are electrically related, although they are replaced separately. I imagine the the mousepad's sensitivity can be adjusted. It just sounded more like a keyboard issue at the start

What does "electrically related" mean? I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about.

His Toshiba laptop uses a Synaptics touchpad which is PS/2. His keyboard is an HID Keyboard Device, which is USB.

Unless you don't think your grave is deep enough, you might want to give up now....?

problem with cursor

The reason the cursor keeps jumping is because there's a virus in the program. I had the same problem with my laptop (about 2 years ago). I took the laptop to a repair shop that diagnosed the problem, then I called the company (I won't say which one) and insisted they fix it. The system was cleaned out and all the programs re-installed, now the the laptop works fine. Good luck!:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back