Custom PC for Work: Ordering a Machine from Puget Systems

Okay, it's a good system, HOWEVER I have priced all the parts you listed on Google shopping taking into account low and high prices and the total cost of this rig comes to $1837.76 "it would cost around $2,800 according to PCPartPicker and Newegg" According to my calc app that's a $962.24 difference in cost, let alone Puget's cost of $3725.30 a whopping $1887.54 in difference. For that kind of money you could of had a real screamer of a rig especially if you went Ryzen. Please do me a favor and don't ever build me a rig.

Okay, it's a good system, HOWEVER I have priced all the parts you listed on Google shopping taking into account low and high prices and the total cost of this rig comes to $1837.76 "it would cost around $2,800 according to PCPartPicker and Newegg" According to my calc app that's a $962.24 difference in cost, let alone Puget's cost of $3725.30 a whopping $1887.54 in difference. For that kind of money you could of had a real screamer of a rig especially if you went Ryzen. Please do me a favor and don't ever build me a rig.
I would assume the listed prices in the article were from July when they were starting this project. I agree though that the price for that system seems way steep. I understand they need to make a profit but man that seems crazy high.

Wow, I looked at the pricing on the Puget site and it is almost absurd. 3700$ system should be much more powerful than what is shown. Offhand, I think I could piece that system together for under 2k. Nearly 1800$ for assembly and warranty? They might sell you a bridge for that price too, just don't go to visit it.

Care to share your Google shopping links? Using Newegg, and trying to match the parts listed (I couldn't exactly - one was only available refurb or open box, and I wasn't sure which brand / version of the 1070 Ti was used) I got to $2787.15 (before shipping / tax) on Newegg: https://goo.gl/Ei9u5k

Wow, I looked at the pricing on the Puget site and it is almost absurd. 3700$ system should be much more powerful than what is shown. Offhand, I think I could piece that system together for under 2k. Nearly 1800$ for assembly and warranty? They might sell you a bridge for that price too, just don't go to visit it.

Under $2k? Please do share where and how! :) On Newegg, doing my best to match the part list, I got $2787.15 (prior to shipping / tax) on Newegg: https://goo.gl/Ei9u5k

Of course, building on your own will always cost less up-front. That is what I do too. But there is definitely value in having a system pre-built, tested, and supported for those who don't have the time or expertise to do it all themselves... or who value their time more highly, and would rather do their work that build their tools :)

Absolutely ugly looking and unbalanced system performance wise.

For that money you can do a LOT better (better GPU, more storage, faster RAM, etc.)

Sounds like a whole lot of BS, the CPU and motherboard listed in this system alone cost nearly $1800. So please like the others have requested, post the list of parts and your "calc app" so we can see how you get over$2500 in parts down to the price you got. Put up or shut up.

Sounds like a whole lot of BS, the CPU and motherboard listed in this system alone cost nearly $1800. So please like the others have requested, post the list of parts and your "calc app" so we can see how you get over$2500 in parts down to the price you got. Put up or shut up.

Actually the CPU and mobo are around $900 together, not $1800.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-Motherboards/GIGABYTE-X299-DESIGNARE-EX-Motherboard/B077Y832BD
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...2265&cjevent=aade3830f52f11e882e302810a24060d

Not that either of those items are good value and you could most certainly get the same performance for less.

I really don't get the 1 year warranty either. iBuyPower offers a 3 year warranty on their products. 1 year to me says they aren't really that confident in their product. Given the markup I'd expect them to at least do better then a value brand. It's great that they'll swap in new parts for free but you still need to pay for anything that breaks outside that measly warranty. I doubt they will help you RMA outside of that 1 year warranty, which hurts the non hassle service for professionals they are trying to be.

What stands out about this company is the communication level but I have to question how much overhead that adds and the actual value to the customer. There's a difference between no communication and too much and they may have tipped the latter scale here.

I was asked to help chose a new home pc system block at 600 dollars. After going a good search on both newegg and Amazon, I had to admit there was no good choice at this price prebuilt.

If you cant afford to spend even 1000, do it yourself. It has been true for many years, real savings with you own assembly. Not to mention that at my price I had a problem finding a PC with an ssd. Only prehistoric people boot from hdd these days. No ssd, no life.

Back