CX7400 Epson Printer Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new CX7400 Epson printer and cannot successfully install it. After the disc programs, driver installation and software installation complete, a Found New Equipment window emerges. The wizard tries to help with the hardware installation only to tell me it can't find the software for this printer. I tried everything including a manual install but I have reached the point where I keep going around in a circle. It does not say anything about an old driver only that the software is not installed. Anyone have a fix, Zeroscape?

use the wizard, when the found new hardware wizard pops up, you should select "have disk" then select the location for the driver, from the disk. Or.....

Here is the correct driver in case yours is out of date
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...=63069503&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows
(depends on operating system)

You can download the driver to your desktop. Select "add hardware" through the control panel. Select Printer -> Epson -> select your model if there

When asked where the driver is for this software select have disk, and then navigate to the location that you downloaded the driver to.

Epson 7400 printer installation problem

Thanks Blind Dragon for your suggestions. I tried then all except downloading the correct driver. I took the machine back to Best Buy and exchanged it for a CX8400. The tech there listened to my problem and said he thought the disc was probably defective. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back