D-Link DIR-825 rejecting DHCP reservation

mikeb

I am trying to assign my printer the same IP address using DHCP reservation. It should be simple. Under dynamic clients I choose the printer (an HP8500) and choose reserve.
It automatically fills in the Add DHCP reservation fields with the dat. When I try to save it, it gives me an invalid MAC address error. The data was filled in automatically and matches the MAC address on the computer. Why is this being rejected?

Hmm; try doing it manually. I've see the field for the MAC address of the target device look like just a text box
and one is tempted to enter the characters one after the other without formatting.
a MAC address does have delimiters however, aka like aa:bb:cc:dd:ee

try using the ':' between the pairs :)

Backup the configuration for the router in question. Do a factory reset. Now without restoring your backup configuration try to see if you get the same issue that you posted in the first post. If you do then there is an issue with the router. You can also see if Dlink has a newer firmware for that model and flash your router with it to see if that corrects your issue.

Follow the above advice first. If that still doesn't get you sorted out and you feel confident in your abilities, then I'd recommend trying a more advanced firmware. Here is a page that will help you put on the dd-wrt firmware which in my experience using is a far more robust firmware and handles traffic a lot better (while giving you more features).

Back