Data storage on CD Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how I can store web site files on a CD ROM so that I can open the rom on another computer and upload the site or veiw the site in full on that computers browser. :knock: :knock: who's there many thanks in anticipation Papa Charlie

Well it should be as simple as opening Nero, or any burning program and creating an ISO disc. Once there, just drag the folder containing the WHOLE website. Burn the CD, and all should be good. You can look at it from the CD, or transfer it to another PC.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Hi there Poetner 1274
Many thanks for your quick response. I have tried as you say before I came to the notice board and I got the folder burnt OK but only index.html would appear in the browser and not the other pages, click on a link in index and all I got was a page with the script Blank Page 2. Forgive my ignorance but what is an ISO disc?.
Many thanks best wishes Papa Charlie. :wave:

Make it easier, copy the website directory with all subdirectories onto a USB-key.
Problem solved. Works from the key (provided it works now on your PC), and you can copy it (almost) anywhere.

I am a web-designer and carry my samples with me on such a key.

Poetner 1274
Many thanks for your help I now know what ISO stands for and I publish this so that anyone else in doubt will be aware of this organisation, International Standardisation Organisation, and the good work that they do, again many thanks.
Papa Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back