DCIM corrupted files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a number of unreadable files and folders on my DCIM removable media. I can't open them and can't rename. When I try to do so, I am informed that they can't be read or opened. At first one or two showed up as I used the removable media from my camera, but as I continue to use and recover images, more of these files appear.

Is there any way to delete or dispose of them?

As nodsu said, but also, do you access them from a USB---> CAMERA or from a card reader.

It also could be a corrupt card, i has one just a little bit ago, nothing would work, just thinks its full and cant copy anything off it, lost heaps of stuff, but lucky i got the stuff from my overseas trip ebfore it happened.

Ph30nix

Thanks to both of you. The problem appears not to be with the media. The media shows clear (no file) in the camera, but when I insert it into the computer and view it as removable media in the my computer file, I get to DCIM and then 100MSDCF and fine, in addition to my legitimate files a group of 5 or 6 files with strange names and icons. When I try to delete them, I am informed that the computer cannot read from the source file or disk.
The other image files are fine and can be copied to my image files, but I am left with this strange assembly of files.

Even when I change to a new, clean medium of removable storage I get the same result. So the problem is somewhere in the computer rather than the camera.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back