Dead CPU fan connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys had a question for you all.

First the mobo in question is a Abit NF7, a bit on the older side (which explains my problems now) but has worked perfectly for me until today.

As far as I can tell, the CPU fan connector on the MB is dead, plugging the fan into another connector works fine, plugging another fan besides the cpu fan into the cpu fan connector gives me a non working fan so it simply leads me to believe the connector on the BM itself is dead.

My question is, buying a new mobo isnt an option for me right now and I can easily plug the cpu fan into another connector to get it working but is there anyway to bypass the computer checking if the cpufan is working before booting up?

As it stands right now, the computer won't boot since it detects no CPU fan even if there is one running in another connector, can I bypass this check by any chance?

generally no. You might be able to get the board repaired, but you're better off replacing it.... tough break. :(

Well quick update, tried some more thorough cleaning on the connectors, new problem now.

After starting up the system all fans turn on (even the CPU fan) then a couple quick seconds later they all shut down followed by a beep error code (well more of a an alarm with 2 different alternating tones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back