Decoding a memory dump

Rick X

Hey guys, Ive been getting some BSOD's lately and was wondering if anyone could decode the minidumps for me. This is what windows gives me after it recovers. I'll post the dumps if anyone thinks they can help. I think it may be bad ram cause memtest86 reports some errors but i want to be sure before i buy it. Thanks!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 109
BCP1: A3A039D896A568CD
BCP2: B3B7465EE9223B33
BCP3: FFFFF80002CD9000
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101410-17955-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1908297-0.sysdata.xml

Yes, please post the five most recent dumps in one Zip file. See the Manage Attachments in your next posting for the Zip option.

If you only have one or two files just attach as is.

Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Any errors with memtest and you have memory that needs to be replaced. If you haven't already done so run it per stick to see which ones are bad. if you bought your memory in a set you'll most likely have to return it as a set even if one of the sticks are error free.

Thanks for your help. the ram is 3 years old so i cant return it but i had been thinking about upgrading anyway so i guess now is the perfect time.

What is the make of your RAM? Good manufactures have a lifetime warrenty unless overclocked. I returned some Crucial memory last year directly to the company because it became corrupted and it was 4 years old.

It is Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)... I purchased it from newegg. Just logged into my newegg account and it was ordered on 3-24-2008... It was never overclocked

It is Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)... I purchased it from newegg. Just logged into my newegg account and it was ordered on 3-24-2008... It was never overclocked

I, too, bought mine from Newegg and it was the DDR1 PC3200 Crucial Ballistix back in 2005.

Contact Crucial directly, tell them your ran memtest and the amount of errors you received. They should then give you an RMA # with instructions. Folllow those instructions as given and you should have absolutely no issue. Crucial is a Tier 1 memory maker, one of the largest in the world, and they treat their customers well.

If you bought your memory as a pair you'll have to return them as a pair even if one sick is good. They will test it themselves as was the case for me, but again no issues working with them. Be prepared to be without RAM for at least a week or do what I did and purchased a stick off of NewEgg as a fill in so my system would at least boot-up and was servicible. I went from 2 gigs to 512 and it certainly was slow but it worked and I didn't spend an arm and a leg.

One other thing, it could be possible that they do not have your type of memory in stcok anymore as was my case. They gave me two options and I wound up selecting 4 gigs of PC3200 RAM.

* Let us know what happens.

Thanks for you help. I contacted Crucial and received an RMA. I have since shipped out the faulty ram and I am now waiting for my replacement ram.

You are welcome. :) I am glad to be of help. Please continue to keep us updated and thanks for letting us know where the process stands.

By the way, what options did they give you and what did you choose?

They are replacing it with an identical set since it still being produced. Now im just waiting for them to send it out.

Back