Delay from cold start, but not with restart

yannisg

When I start windows 7 ult(64bit) there is a 4 to 5 minute delay before windows starts (delay between the windows screen and login screen). If I do a restart there is no delay. This condition exist whether I startup windows in safe mode with or without networking. In safe mode the delay is after the line loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys.
I have tried starting windows with everything disconnected except the monitor, but the same condition exists.
In the event viewer windows log, system the delay appears at: plug and play service entered the running state.
I would appreciate any recommendation how to solve this or how to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
YannisG

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model EP45-DS3R
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F10, 22-Sep-08
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Power supply: Rapitox RT-500 PSP

Thanks,
YannisG

Thanks for yr response.
I had the same problem with win7 (32bit). When I installed win 7 (64bit) this problem did not appear for several days. In my opinion if it was the power supply it should have continue with the new install. The power supply is an expensive proposition. Any other recommendations?
YannisG

It's only a 500 watt and with your hardware and older Nvidia 9600 I would really try another power supply

Back