Dell 2335dn prints blank pages

BloodRaven

I have a printer (Dell Laser MFP 2335dn) that acts pretty strange. it is a network printer that will print fine sometimes and print random page breaks on the same document the next time. This happens for everyone connected to this printer and it happens no matter what source it is printing from. for example, Excel, Word, online database, emails, anything that has multiple pages to it. As stated before, I can print a document and it will print differently every time. the first time it will print just fine, the second time it will print with 5 blank pages in the middle of the document, and another time will print this same document with 1 blank page in one spot then a page without the header, a few more blank pages then the header is printed on its own page. I have searched online for a good time and I did not come across anything quite like this. My first thought was it could be worn out rollers which would cause the paper to miss feed through the printer, I replaced the rollers so they are all new. still the same thing. Anyone ever heard of this or know what a possible solution is?

Can't offer much help with this as it sounds as if the printer is at fault, as it's the same problem with every PC on the network that would suggest the printer has the error. Have you got another printer you can try to see if that produces the same problem, at least you will then know if it is the printer or some common problem with all your PC's.

That was my thought as well. I may need to see If I can reproduce the same thing on a different printer. It might just be the simple fact that the printer will have to be replaced.

I checked the FAQ and I did not see anything relevant to the issue i am having, it is as if no one has had this issue before. very strange.

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can find out.

Solved the issue. The paper drawer was not adjusted properly for the paper size. the adjustable sides needed to be right up against the paper. It was too loose of a fit and created the problem of multiple pages being fed at the same time. What caught me off guard was it never gave a paper jam message. It fed through as if nothing wrong had happened.

The takeaway from this is to make sure your paper tray is properly fitted to the paper size being used.

Guess that is a fairly heavy duty printer, a domestic one would probably have jammed up. Well done for figuring it out.

Back