Dell Dimension 3000 driver problem

computerguy4

I installed XP Pro on a Dell Dimension 3000. I connected to internet via a USB WiFI which allowed me to install all of the drivers except the ethernet and sound drivers. I then downloaded them from Dell website but I can't install them. It doesn't know what program to use to run them. Never had this issue installing drivers before. Any help would be app. Thanks.

They should be downloaded as either ZIP archives, or exe executable files. Windows XP knows what to do with both file types, by default.

Could you give me the service tag of your Dell and I'll confirm which ones you definitely need, and I can check them myself as well. I'd imagine the issue is most likely corrupted, or otherwise non-functional downloads. It happens sometimes.

Its probably bad downloads, or a problem on Dell's end. Do you not have the driver CD any more?

I can check them myself if you provide me with your service tag, so I can identify your hardware.

This is the link to your audio driver. Just downloaded, and is working fine.

This is the link to your ethernet driver. This is also working fine.

I would recommend you download them from the links I've given above, and then try them again. Both work fine on my end. It was probably just a glitch.

Make sure you delete any previous downloads first, and clean your temp internet files (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk cleanup) then download them again.

Those didn't work either. Ended up reinstalling windows and drivers again and they are all working properly now. Weird...thanks for your help! I have another post under my profile that I would like to have your input on if you have time. Thanks again!!

Back