Dell Dimension 3000 Installing video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoendris

Hey guy yesterday i bought a new e-GeForce 6200 - PCI for my Dell Dimension 3000 im having trouble using it....i have it inserted inside i downloaded all the driver i check the Display adapters on Computer Management and i have 2 display adapters my Old one [Intel(R) 82865G graphics controller] and the GeForce 6200 one i installed, so i start playing some games and its as slow as it was before it is still using my old graphics card even tho i removed it, i checked Systemrequirementslab.com and it said i was still using the old graphics card....I searched some stuff in google.....about disabling my integrated video card? i do not know what this is and i dont know how to disable it, please any help would be great.

Hey dudes here a pic of what it says on Systemrequirementslabs when i checked if i could play world of warcraft i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/yoendris/NewBitmapImage.jpg weird color on screen and gets more when i move mouse around, the pic was taken in safe mode, it only looks like this when i disable my Intel(R) 82865G graphics controller, pic of it here i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/yoendris/NewBitmapImage2.jpg put http: infront of the links because i cant post them =\.

Hey that thing is plugged in where its always been i guess the onboard not the video card, if i put it on the video card its blank.

its my first time dealing with video cards or inside my machine when i first got it i unplugged everything inserted the card...took out the old one......started it up and it looked weird like it was zoomed in or out of place, installed the drivers n stuff and it corrected the screen resolution to normal....but its like im not using it i dont think its activated or something....my games play the same....and systenrequirements lab dosent display the video card correctly....when i disable my old card on the device manager under display adapter and leave the nvida one by itself then restart computer then some weird colors are on the screen like the pic i posted...if i try to play games it says it cant detect any 3d something =\.

right now my computer is running normal with the monitor plug is in the normal plug not the video card one heres a pic of the display adapters on. h ttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/yoendris/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

You should have the monitor connected to the 6200. If it's not displaying anything on the new card, then something's not working right. You might try putting the 6200 in a different pci slot, as sometimes it seems some cards just "won't work" in certain slots, I guess due to some sort of conflict. Also, there may be a bios setting on your computer regarding video, like a "video: onboard/add-on" option that you can toggle between onboard and add-on cards.

I just tried it on my dell 2300 (predecessor to the 2350, 2400, and 3000) with my pci 6200. I didn't notice any trouble using the 6200. I have the card in the bottom slot, for what it's worth. On my 2300 there is no setting option in the bios for video. It "just worked" for me. Here's a screenshot.

It surprisingly will even allow both the integrated graphics and pci 6200 to be functional at the same time, displaying the main desktop with the 6200 and extending the screen space onto a second monitor with the intel integrated.

to nickc i do not know where to go to disable onboard video thing......if you know plz tell me.....and vnf4 i see that your nvida is set to you plug and play monitor mines not its on the default monitor which i dont know what it is....pic http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/yoendris/NewBitmapImage2-1.jpg if its like a 2 monitor thing when i plug my other monitor to the video card nothing shows up, when i try putting the nvida thing on display properties and press ok nothing happens and goes back to the old video card when i click extend my windows desktop to this monitor it just goes black. i was once able to have 2 screens at same time like i could get my mouse to go to the other monitor it was weird. tell me if im doing anything wrong =\.

and about the switching pci slots my computer has like 3 or 4 of them it can fit in, i just want my computer to stay using the nvida one and forget about the old one....i only put 1 video card in the nvida one, when i put the monitor plug on the nvida card it turns black and the light on the buttons turns yellow.

when i turn on my computer it dosent show anything till it reaches welcome screen, but it shows it on the other monitor but when it reaches welcome screen it turns black.

From your pic, it looks like you need to check "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" and also "use this device as the primary monitor" to make the 6200 the default card.

Strange...have you tried any different drivers for the nvidia card. I was using the 81.98 drivers from nvidia with mine.

I'm wondering if you possibly got a defective card. Do you have any other computers you can try it in to test?

sorry for the late reply vnf4 i, my friend which knows about computer came to my house and offered to help, he said theres something wrong with the video card he told me to go back to the store and change it, so i went all the way back to tigerdirect to get a new one they offered to install it for me and it worked fine, you were right the card was a lil weird showing colors all over the screen. thanks for trying to help you guys are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back