Dell E1705 wont turn on/off by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it all started a few weeks ago when I was completely convinced that I was having AC adapter/battery issues. When I went to plug in the charger into the back of my laptop, it would just turn off(or go into standby because the power light would stay green after this happened). The only way I could use my laptop was to have enough battery for what I needed to do, or already have it plugged in to the charger when I went to turn it on.

So this continued for a while..the same problems. Now for some reason when it's plugged in and the computer is moved a little bit, it goes black again. These were the reasons I figure it was my battery connections or the adapter.

CURRENTLY...I cannot turn on my laptop at all. I tried taking out the battery and leaving it out for a long time. I tried turning it on w/o the AC and with it (with battery and without).

AND..When I go to turn it on the power light comes on for about 3 seconds then just turns off again (with no sounds from fan or processor).

I read something about breaking the touchpad sensor but I'm not the type to just unscrew the lid of my laptop ahhh.

Anyone have any ideas?

tbs-rox_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back