Dell Latitude E6400 video driver issue

MeMeMe

Hi guys I have a serious problem with my Dell Latitude E6400, it freezes/crashes after few minutes when I install the Video Driver,
I tried Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well but no success, and Windows automatically picks up a "Microsoft Driver" and soon after that a blue screen comes or it just crashes, but when I uninstall the video driver or If I start Windows in Safe Mode it Works perfectly.
I tried so many drivers from Dell website as well as from Intel website but the problem is still there. plz do give your suggestions.

Hi guys I have a serious problem with my Dell Latitude E6400, it freezes/crashes after few minutes when I install the Video Driver,
I tried Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well but no success, and Windows automatically picks up a "Microsoft Driver" and soon after that a blue screen comes or it just crashes, but when I uninstall the video driver or If I start Windows in Safe Mode it Works perfectly.
I tried so many drivers from Dell website as well as from Intel website but the problem is still there. plz do give your suggestions.
What video card do you have? Look at device manager, under Display Adapters.

Hi thanks for your reply , When I install Windows 7 or 8 it automatically detects an Intel one and when I install Vista it just shows VGA adapter.
I cant install XP as in initial part of setup it gives Blue Screen error and I cant continue with setup.

Hi thanks for your reply , When I install Windows 7 or 8 it automatically detects an Intel one and when I install Vista it just shows VGA adapter.
I cant install XP as in initial part of setup it gives Blue Screen error and I cant continue with setup.
That is the default driver. Go to device manager, and look under display adapters.

Hi it was intel graphics media accelerator driver , as I said earlier it just picks up a driver on its own, I tried to instal the Intel 4 Series driver as well it was installed but it still had the same Blue Screen and Freezing windows issues. I tried Nvidia one as well but it does not recognise the Hardware. :(

Hi it was intel graphics media accelerator driver , as I said earlier it just picks up a driver on its own, I tried to instal the Intel 4 Series driver as well it was installed but it still had the same Blue Screen and Freezing windows issues. I tried Nvidia one as well but it does not recognise the Hardware. :(
You cannot install an nVidia driver on an intel system.

What CPU do you have? Look under CPUs in device manager.

I just installed Wn 7 Ultimate N 32 Bit , Yes according to website it has Nvidia graphics but I tried so many drivers but I cant just install that one as it gives error that Hardware not found for Nvidia drivers

I just installed Wn 7 Ultimate N 32 Bit , Yes according to website it has Nvidia graphics but I tried so many drivers but I cant just install that one as it gives error that Hardware not found for Nvidia drivers
I would say clean install windows:
Install the 64 bit version, your CPU supports it. After you install Windows, post back here and I will provide you with a driver.

Thanks but I dont have Windows 64 bit, cant you get me 32 bit drivers ?

Btw I completely installed win 7 32 bit a few hours ago.

Thanks
I tried it , after starting the setup it checks the system compatibilty and give this error " Nvidia Installer cannot continue, This graphics driver cud not find compatible graphics hardware"

Thanks
I tried it , after starting the setup it checks the system compatibilty and give this error " Nvidia Installer cannot continue, This graphics driver cud not find compatible graphics hardware"
Look under display adapters, is there a display adapter other than intel? You may have a model without nVidia graphics.

You can download the 64Bit ISO here btw: http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

Here is the intel driver, install this and tell me if it works: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...sion=Windows 7 (32-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

Can you detail the problem further? So the system just restarts after a driver update without prompting?

Yes it re-starts without prompting, and when I disable the Graphics driver or run it in safe Mode it works perfectly.

Yes it re-starts without prompting, and when I disable the Graphics driver or run it in safe Mode it works perfectly.
In Safe Mode only a basic video driver is used, so that's why it works "perfectly". Sounds like the laptops video chip may be failing

Back