Dell M6300 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee3b

Hey guys,

I want to know if this wireless card will work with my laptop (Dell Precision M6300)
Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n/g/b MX846 Broadcom.

Thanks.

there are only TWO types of slots in laptops:

PCMCIA or Express

determine which you have then get the appropriate card.

wow.... my 8,000th post.....

Tedster said:
there are only TWO types of slots in laptops:

PCMCIA or Express

determine which you have then get the appropriate card.

wow.... my 8,000th post.....

That card is not external but an internal one.

????

With laptops there is no such thing as a swappable internal wifi card. There are only EXTERNAL wifi or cell-fi cards that you plug in via an express slot or a PCMCIA slot.

On some Very high end laptops you can swap out graphics, but this is quite uncommon and these machines cost big $.

According to your system, your laptop uses EXPRESS slots. You will need a card that uses your Express port.

and why would you get a wifi card when your laptop has one built in? You already have wifi!

Tedster said:
????

With laptops there is no such thing as a swappable internal wifi card. There are only EXTERNAL wifi or cell-fi cards that you plug in via an express slot or a PCMCIA slot.

On some Very high end laptops you can swap out graphics, but this is quite uncommon and these machines cost big $.

According to your system, your laptop uses EXPRESS slots. You will need a card that uses your Express port.

and why would you get a wifi card when your laptop has one built in? You already have wifi!

There was no wifi with it...so I need a wireless card and this laptop already cost bme big
And this is the card I was talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dell-Wirele...ryZ45000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

zee3b said:
Hey guys,

I want to know if this wireless card will work with my laptop (Dell Precision M6300)
Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n/g/b MX846 Broadcom.

Thanks.

Yes, the Dell Wireless 1505 mini-card will work just fine in your M6300. The only potential problem is if your system did not ship with the antennae. In the past if you ordered a Dell notebook without an internal wireless card the antennae were not included. I believe that is no longer the case, but I am not 100% sure on that.

To install the wireless card just follow the instructions in the service manual for the M6300. If you have any questions for me about installing the card I will be happy to help.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back