Dell unveils a trio of Venue-branded tablets for Android and Windows users

Shawn Knight

Staff member

dell windows-based venue windows tablet dell venue

Dell has announced a trio of new Venue-branded tablets for both Android and Windows users at its Dell World 2014 event in Austin, Texas.

The new lineup starts with the Venue 8 Pro 3000 series. This slate features an 8-inch touchscreen display operating at a resolution of 1,280 x 800 and is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom processor alongside 1GB of system memory.

It packs 32GB of onboard storage, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1.2-megapixel front shooter and Wi-Fi with Miracast – all running Windows 8.1. Expect to pay just $199.99 for the opportunity - $100 less than last year’s model.

The Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 series, meanwhile, starts at $699.99 and includes a large 10.8-inch full HD touchscreen display. Also running Windows 8.1, it’s powered by a fanless Intel Core M 5Y10a dual-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz mated with 4GB of RAM, Intel GT2 graphics and your choice of 64GB or 128GB of solid state storage.

Connectivity options include dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. An 8-megapixel camera is positioned on the back of the tablet while a 2-megapixel camera draws the assignment up front. Although not included, Dell also sells a keyboard dock for the new slate complete with embedded battery.

Last but not least is the Dell Venue 8 7000 series, an Android tablet packing an impressive 8.4-inch display with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600. It’s powered by a dual-core Atom processor with 2GB of RAM on tap and 16GB of storage for starters. Perhaps more impressive, however, is the tablet’s profile: just 6mm thin.

Pricing starts at $699.99, we’re told.

Permalink to story.

1GB is more than enough for tablet usage, if you want a powerbook, buy one.

The first V8P 3000 looks pretty much the same as last model, the M cored one on the other hand doesn't look that amazing for the steep price they are asking.

I'll end with the Android tablet: pfffft.

Yeah I'm not sure how they figure their pricing. I'd rather get HP's Stream 8 that has basically identical specs but a free 200MB of cellular data every month and it's $50 cheaper. I guess the Dell tablet nets you the ability to use a stylus, but you have to pay extra for it and from what I hear, they're pretty terrible.

So the new 7000 series is basically the same as last year's model, and the year before THAT's model..except for the high res screen..except it costs twice as much. Meanwhile, LG has the same thing for $200 or less.

Running Windows 8.1 it is? Not being a smart-alec, just don't personally know and always hear 2gb is the minimum you should have.

I'd been running W8.1 on a netbook with 1gb of ram, and it's enough. It runs faster than 7.

Back