Dell Venue Pro finally available, ships on December 9

Emil

Staff

Dell has officially announced its Venue Pro, the only vertical-Qwerty Windows Phone 7 smartphone. The Dell Venue Pro is available immediately at Microsoft retail stores, Store.Microsoft.com, and directly from Dell (Dell.com/VenuePro or 1-800-308-DELL).

The new Venue Pro features a 4.1-inch AMOLED multitouch display with rugged Gorilla Glass for better durability. It also has Qualcomm's 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 5MP auto-focus camera. The device supports the following bands/mode: UMTS 900/1700/2100/AWS, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps.

The Venue Pro is available on T-Mobile USA with a required two-year contract and a qualifying data plan:

• New Activation: 8GB = $99.99
  • New Activation: 16GB = $149.99
  • Upgrade Activation: 8GB = $199.99
  • Upgrade Activation: 16GB = $249.99
  • Without Contract: 8GB = $449.99
  • Without Contract: 16GB = $499.99

"No matter how you slide it, the Dell Venue Pro with Windows Phone 7 brings a fresh new approach of doing more with less," Michael Tatelman, Dell vice president and general manager of Dell consumer sales and marketing, said in a statement. "We’re continuing a path of creating smart, innovative and new mobile experiences to help people discover new ways to enjoy the web, connect with friends, and navigate their lives."

Remember, this is the same device that Dell switched 25,000 employees to. The company decided its employees would prefer Windows Phone 7 to RIM's BlackBerry OS.

Permalink to story.

The "without contract" price seems the same as other new smart phones. But what do I know, I'm still rocking the Samsung Glyde, O.O lol

This story read more as advertisement then actual journalism, either way not buying the phone.

I have little interest in windows 7 phones and based on windows 7 phone sales so does most of the world.

This phone's price is an insult.

Not it isn't, Samsung Galaxy S (an android phone) with storage card costed me in the range of 600$.

based on windows 7 phone sales so does most of the world.

If I'd rate current OSes, I'd say Android seems / feels like a copy of iOS (but a refined one at that), whereas, interface of WP7 (I happened to try Omnia 7) feels something new and refreshing, however, my only reason for not buying Omnia 7 (despite its all exceptionally good hardware) was incomplete OS. To refresh your memory iPhone/android both didn't had many of the functions at launch as well; so it would be better to wait for couple of years at least, before one may start writing any obituary of WP7.

Which is pretty the reason i kept my SGS, I have no interest in a developing OS like windows 7, especially when Android is more complete and does what i need it to.

Back