Desktop Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When checking out different prices on memory, I come across ones that have an SLI symbol next to the picture. If I want to run dual PCI-E cards in SLI configuration, do I need to buy new memory that has that little SLI emblem on it? I know it seems like a dumb question, but I have found out with so many things, that if certain things arn't matched up right then the computer won't run as efficient as it should, if it does run at all. Thank you for your time and help.

It's a marketing gimmick, don't worry about it. Just make sure you get the right RAM (speed matched or higher for your mobo fsb). Of course fadster ram is more expensive so don't go too overboard with ram speed.

anything corsair is good, that's DDR1 though right? Thats pc3200 or 3200/8= DDR1-400. so you're running an AMD 939 or early Pentium?

No, i was looking at the DDR2 800 twin 2g sticks. I have an asus m2n4-sli socket am2 w/ amd 4200 X2. right now i have 4x 512mb 675 ddr2 5400 and wanted to change out for faster and more memory.

oh I'm sorry I saw xms and assumed you didn't mean xms2. yeah all corsair are good and xms series is a nice mid-top range series.

memory and SLI are completely exclusive things. Your motherboard RAM and your graphics cards have little to do with each other other than work together. What you read was merely a marketing ploy. Before you buy RAM, read the RAM guide in the guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back