Desktop shutting down after Windows 10 install

ru1thirst

Can't figure this one out. I've gone through all settings and check temps and after about 30-45 minutes if I'm not on my machine, I come back and the machine has shut down. I have it set to have a screen saver (windows) turn on after 15 minutes but that is it. This all started after the free windows 10 "upgrade". Any ideas out there? I ran searches and see stuff about vista and windows 7 mostly and just can't figure it out. Machine by the way will stay on for hrs if I'm working on it. Its when there is no activity this issue pops up.

Ok, just put it to never under the "Sleep" setting. We'll see what happens. I've always had the sleep mode on in Vista 7 and just had to move mouse to bring it out. This is strange. I'll update when we see what this new setting does.

Just check temps and voltages. Nothing jumping out at me.

Attachments

• HWmonitor Screen Shot.jpg
    HWmonitor Screen Shot.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 2
Rechecked the settings, still same issue. Even though temps look good, think tomorrow I'll open her up and give mb, heatsink fan and everything else a cleaning and while I'm at it, try different slots with the memory. Something got to work.

My bad, its ADDITIONAL Power Settings. On the left side of that page should look like this
ADDITIONAL.jpg
Choose when ...................

Thanks for all your help. I did go into those and set them both to never. I still had the issue. But, I did clean out the machine and change the memory slots and so far so good. Not sure what worked this far but fingers xx.

Back