Desperate need of help in video cards

Hi I am trying to buy a new video card but I do not know what to get cause of my system specs and well I'm not to literate into video cards and what not

here is my motherboard

Property Value
Manufacturer ECS
Model Nettle2
Version 1.0
Serial Number

North Bridge NVIDIA MCP61 Revision A3
South Bridge NVIDIA MCP61 Revision A3

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Cpu Socket Socket AM2 (940)

System Slots 7 PCI

Memory Summary
Maximum Capacity 16384 MBytes
Maximum Memory Module Size 4096 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Error Correction None

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

Right now I have only 2 gigs of RAM but I am going to purchase 4 more gigs tomorrow of DDR2

Now my video card details right now I am using

GeForce 6100 nForce 430

The memory is 128 MBytes

if you need anymore information I can post it but I don't exactly know what to buy I want to be able to play games without them crashing if someone could point into what direction of video cards I could look at

- thank you!

Well first off it depends on your power supply unit weather you can upgrade also imo buying more ram and a video card for your system is a waste of money save your money and for around $250 you could have a much better system.

look man if you need to play all the new games without lags or crashes you need to upgrade your cpu too because most new games need at least a dual core cpu like amd Athlon II x2 , so if you upgrade your graphics card only, you will not feel in a big difference.........Good luck

If you could tell us exactly what you would like to do with your PC we can give more accurate help, but assuming you want it for gaming, it's better to get an entirely new system, starting with either an I3 or I5 CPU, but the choice of CPU is because I don't like AMD.

Back