Destiny 2 reportedly coming to PC

Scorpus

Staff member

A new report from Kotaku suggests that Destiny 2, the sequel to Bungie's 2014 online first-person sci-fi shooter, will be headed to PC. The first game in the series was exclusive to last and current-generation consoles, and garnered positive reviews from critics and fans, with disappointed PC gamers missing out.

The report sources some information from NeoGAF, where a user claims to have heard from "a friend at Activision" that Destiny 2 was headed to PC. This was confirmed by Kotaku's sources, who also corroborated a tidbit that suggested Vicarious Visions, a studio owned by Activision best known for handheld console games, is helping Bungie with the sequel to Destiny.

Kotaku claims that Bungie wants Destiny 2 to "feel like a proper sequel", so we might see a completely new set of planets to explore and characters to meet. The aim is to also make Destiny 2's quests more interesting, and to populate planet areas with more outposts and other points of interest. There is a chance that characters from the original Destiny will not be transferable to Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 is currently being worked on by almost all of Bungie's staff, along with help from outside studios like Vicarious Visions. The game is set to launch sometime in 2017, and if the reports are true, PC gamers will be able to join in the fun along with those on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Permalink to story.

PC fans were only disappointed before the game released. When they realized it was just another generic MMO shooter with half the content cut out and sold as expansions interest was lost. There are far too many free to play games with more content than Destiny. Go play Warframe and save yourself the money.

When Microsoft announced all future Xbox games would be part of the Play Anywhere program, this pretty much guaranteed Destiny 2 on PC. Believe me when I say PC gamers couldn't care less about Destiny (see the post above). Bungivision got Microsoft bucks.

" and garnered positive reviews from critics and fans"

wouldnt really say critics loved it.

Response to Destiny was and is completely mixed. The game had great marketing and that was about it.

When Microsoft announced all future Xbox games would be part of the Play Anywhere program, this pretty much guaranteed Destiny 2 on PC. Believe me when I say PC gamers couldn't care less about Destiny (see the post above). Bungivision got Microsoft bucks.

Response to Destiny was and is completely mixed. The game had great marketing and that was about it.
all future xbox games wont be play anywhere- just all MS published ones and its up to other devs to decide if it is. only third party one right now is ARK.

I honestly loved Destiny. It was one of the biggest dissapointments in terms of what I expected from it, but still loved it.

I remember booking the entire week off of work for The Taken King and loved every minute of it, until I got to the raid and the lack of matchmaking made me lose interest.

I haven't even really played it since and haven't picked up the latest DLC.

I'd buy Destiny 2 for PS4 and PC if you could play the same character on both, but I doubt that'll happen. So I'll probably just stick to PS4 to save all the hacking issues that are sure to be in the PC version.

I'm with Jamibi on this, I actually really enjoyed playing destiny, Sure, it's been an expensive ride but once the content was there it was really good. Problem I've had is, it wasn't on PC.

I stopped playing it nearly a year ago and I recently got an email survey from Bungie and I put on it "It's not on PC and I prefer to play first person shooters on PC".

I just can't play the multiplayer with a stupid little joystick. I need a mouse so I can actually turn around when someone is firing at me. This frustration was enough to stop me from playing the game ever again on PS4.

Unfortunately Destiny is one of those games you want to like, it has plenty of potential, it was hyped like crazy because Bungie, but then the game came out and it felt hollow, lackluster (despite having some rather impress visuals and environments) and weak on content. The gathering system was particularly flat (felt more like grinding back when I played wow), the upgrade system in general was pretty limited and after spending tons on time to get yourself ready for the Boss fights they released DLC that put you right back to square one. The first of which was actually supposed to be base content but was not ready...

The game in general felt unfinished for the first 6 months with minor tweaks that often were barely significant. And in the end I started to dislike the game, despite being rather good at it (maybe it wasn't all that challenging), I just didn't want to play it anymore.

Will I want to play the next one? Not likely, unless it has an overhauled experience, refined, improved in every way. Maybe being on PC will make it more enjoyable, but I highly doubt it if they stick to the same formula without improving the shortcomings of the first game.

I was really excited to play Destiny, but I only managed to reach lvl 8 before completely righting it off. As a PC gamer I expected more from an FPS MMO. It was more of a FPS than MMO as it required invites to join friends in the game. I was told a lot of this changed and they made it better, but I never went back to it.

Back