Device Driver Conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with this. For the past month I've been getting random blue screen reboots. The system log in the event viewer says the following:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003

Description:
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000016, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804fa11e.

I ran memtest86 on my system and it showed no memory errors. Microsoft's database seems too generic to use with a 1000000a error and almost impossible to narrow down with their advice to disable half the services and wait for a crash, then gradually narrow it down. With the reboots only happening between twice a day and twice a week, this could take months to narrow down. <sigh>

Can anyone point me in a good direction to troubleshoot this?

Many thanks,

-sd

In order to help you we need you to attach your minidumps to your next post.

How to Find Your Minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

* It is the files we need need, not the whole folder.

* You'll see at the bottom of the reply screen Additional Options and under that "Manage Attachments"

Thank you. I solved my problem after cruising through the TechSpot message boards for a while and finding a post that showed me how to run and read a minidump.

Turns out that my firewall, Comodo, was causing these BSODs...which is why the problem was happening in apparently unrelated programs.

I've since removed Comodo and returned to Zone Alarm (which I'd left a while back because for a time it had conflicts with my Eset antivirus). I've had no futher BSODs in the past week!

Thanks again for the reply.

-sd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back