Device driver error: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!!

This is my first time posting to these boards, so as the web site says.. Welcome!

When I turn on my computer windows seems to catch the device driver malfunction and asks me to send error report, but of course no help is provided after I send it.

When I look at the Event Viewer for System Events I see an error with the following description:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 002e0032, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f78dff2d

Also, out of 3 times this happened, once I did receive the oh so terrifying blue screen that mentioned the device driver failed with this message "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal"

I'm a software engineer, but fairly novice when it comes to hardware issues. If you can point me in the right direction I can probably figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

John

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I haven't installed any new drivers is a while... although perhaps one was automatically updated.

Is there any way to find out which driver is causing this so I can update/remove it?

Try running MemTest of your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you get any errors then run it on each individual stick to see if one or all need to be replaced.

If no errors then post back here with your 5 most recent minidumps attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back