Did you know W10 has automatic maintenace feature?

Don't make me laugh. I'm running Windows 10, but there is no way if I have a choice am I turning on automation for maintenance. I'm already turning too much off, every time a new build is released.

Here's some of the tasks that it may run.I think it's a great feature. Thanks MS!
During a maintenance session, the feature will run specific tasks, such as disk optimization and defragmentation, system and apps updates, security and malware scans, diagnostics, and other tasks with the sole purpose of keeping your device healthy and running at peak performance.

Don't make me laugh. I'm running Windows 10, but there is no way if I have a choice am I turning on automation for maintenance.
Hi Friend! I think it's turned on by default. You can go in the registry and turn it of however. You can Google how to do that.;)
I don't even notice it running, except I get a notification.
Capture25.JPG

Peak performance would be no automation.
Hi friend. Thank you for your reply. This is what I learned today while fooling around in W10; and thought I would pass it forward to TS members. Those are all things I use to do when I ran W7. This does them all for you. I checked on "Start Maintenance" today and it ran as you can see in my screen shot. That's the way I discovered it. It was a accident. Then I started Google to check it out and decided to post a thread here on TS, thinking maybe there were others that weren't aware of this feature.:D

Last edited:
Hi! There are a lot of features in W10 that users aren't aware of. Some of them are hidden like "Reliability Monitor" and this one "Automatic Maintenance" . I'm sure there are more, and as I find them, I'll post here on TS.;)

Hi I would ask that you read the link I posted from HTG (Post #1)before you get to carried away. I'm not recommending these features nor am I promoting W10. I'm just posting things I have learned about W10, and want to pass them forward to TS members. I'm sure there are some of you that know all ready know these things about W10; but maybe not everyone here is aware of these things, and I hope my thread helps those members.

Hi For all you members running W10. "Automatic Maintenance" Is turned on by default. Here's quote from HTG. If you don't want it to run you will have to disable it in the registry.:'( Here's quote from HTG.
There’s no way to actually stop these automatic maintenance tasks. They’re important to keep your PC running smoothly. Maintenance tasks are designed to run only when you’re not using your PC, so they shouldn’t get in your way
If you don't want it running, I suggest you Google how to stop in by altering the registry.:eek:

Back