Differences between Mozilla's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darminato

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered, but I'm not finding it with the search feature. I've looked around the Mozilla.org website and have tried out two of them (except for Netscape) of their browers, being Mozilla and Phoenix. Camino doesn't seem to want to download for me.

My question is this:
What's the difference between these three and why not combine all three into one program?

And yes, I know that's two questions. :p

-Aaron

Mozilla = the original browser

Mozilla Firebird = formerly known as Phoenix = Mozilla browser redesigned using XML-based User interface Language (XUL). About 40000 lines of source code have been added or changed so I wouldn't say it's just Mozilla with different UI.

Camino = formely known as Chimera = web browser for Mac OS X using Cocoa interface and Gecko engine.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli

Mozilla Firebird = formerly known as Phoenix = Mozilla browser redesigned using XML-based User interface Language (XUL). About 40000 lines of source code have been added or changed so I wouldn't say it's just Mozilla with different UI.

I just downloaded and installed a pre-compiled version. It has nice pastel colours, but runs very slow and crap. Give me Netscape 7 back anyway (i am in linux land right now...)

Mozilla Firebird runs fine on my WindowsXP machine (1Ghz Athlon T-Bird 512Megs). Runs fair on my parents 2k machine(P2 300Mhz/176Megs of ram).
And by fair and fine I'm comparing it to IEs speed in their respective machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back