Direct3D error - Radeon 9200 - Can't run ANY 3D games...Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I started getting this problem as soon as i upgraded my motherboard & processor to a amd 64bit 2800+ on a k8m800 +8237 chipset board.

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

before i had a P3 750 Mhz with the same card and everything ran fine... now since i upgraded, i've had no problems with anything except for this damn directx error.

I've reinstalled Directx 9.0c and 8.1, neither work...

when i open world of warcraft or WC3:FT, my screen goes black like its about to start, then it closes the app and says: 'World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration. Please make sure directx 9.0c is installed and your video drivers are up to date.'

they are as far as i know and it still wont work...why was it working on a p3 750 and not on this new MB and processor? Help?

ps: the driver version for my radeon 9200 is 6.14.10.6374

Are you familiar with modifying values in your registry? If so then take a look at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\DCI
You should see a Timeout value there - make sure the value is not 0. If it is change the value to 7 and reboot. I think that will fix your problem.

yes, i did a clean install of Windows on my Master HD when installing my new motherboard. I checked the registry value as you suggested, and it is set to 7 like it should be...but nothing works still. The only way I can run 3d games is with the -opengl in the target, but they look crappy and lock up alot.

I shouldn't have to do anything with my Storage Slave HD because of the new hardware right?

radeon 9200

im haveing the same problems with it not working but i think windows updates are to blame. iv had to format my comp 5 times in the last 2 weeks due to crashes and ever time i reinstall windows somthing new dose and dosent work. so it looks like maby try reinstalling windows and it might work(cant promise it will). im just gona do that now so ill let u know how it goes. :mad: :dead:

:p

i have radeon 9200 but it lets me play world of warcraft... even on high everything.... u probally need either : Microsoft Framework 1.1, Direct X v9.0c, or new ati upgrade..

i can play wow... but it shuts off after a while asking me to restart my comp because of some vpu revory what not

I had a very similar problem so I was going to try to reinstall windows but couldn't for some reason (thats another storty) anyway all I did was repair windows using an xp cd and it fixed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back