DirectX 9.0a re-released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
In case you were not able to download the file earlier, Microsoft has re-released the DirectX 9.0a package apparently with some bugs fixed that could have affected Radeon card owners. (Which ATI says is only rumours)

Thanks Neowin for the note. Download here (no direct download link available yet).

Is it going to be worth downloading for me with my specs? I just downloaded the first DX9a release yesterday. Are there any new features or anything along those lines, or is it just a fix for Radeon cards?

Contrary to rumours floating around on the web, DX 9.0a wasn't pulled due to problems with ATI's drivers....

Originally found @ Rage3D:
I contacted Terry Makedon, ATI's software product manager to see if this was true. He has said the following:

The story on Warp2Search is not true. Microsoft has not contacted me about any incompatibility with DirectX 9.0a and CATALYST 3.1. I also find it interesting that the news story also claims that CATALYST 3.1 perform better than CATALYST 3.2 (another inaccuracy). It is a false story, do not believe it. I will be contacting the author of the story for more information.

Read the rest here]...

As for what has been changed, noone has been able to find any difference in DXDIAG between the one posted yesterday, and the one posted today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back