DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon0105

I am currently using NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 and am trying to play the Sims 2 but am repeatedly getting the error message that I a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter cannot be found. Any suggestions?:confused:

You are going to need a better graphics card when you can. A card that is DX9 compatible will work. Your FX5000 is not

This card may be the best AGP card still out there, but the boards that support AGP graphics are going the way of the dinosaurs very rapidly. I would be hard-pressed to pay that high price for an AGP card though

Yes red1776,
the Sapphire card is priced more friendly, although through experience, Sapphire drivers are very poor

tmajic...now ya tell me :) is that right? i didnt know that. maybe the 7900gs for sims? or the diamond version of the 3650?

I suppose it would also depend on the motherboard used and its Operating System. I work on many systems, but my system is in the world of Vista and Windows 7, both 64-bit. Drivers for these are picky at best... Nvidia has the finest graphics drivers and cards for these OS's in my humble opinion

I think that 3650 is a good choice, and you use the ATI catalyst driver suite any how with those, so Sapphire's driver suckage wouldn't matter?

Otherwise for probably $300 you could put together a better mobo/ram/cpu combo with PCI Express slot for much better video options.

Sapphire is doing a good job keeping the current AGP hotfix drivers available on their website. Recommend the Sapphire HD 3850 for AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back