DirectX problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the S3 Grphics ProsavageDDR. I also have DirectX 9.0. But every time I try to play one of my games that require DirectX 9.0, it seems as though the video card does not it. So is there something I can download that will fix this, or do I have to buy another video card, or what??

Maybe post any new software you have installed since the game, and your system specs to let us help you more. You could also try to reinstall the game as it might have gotten corrupted somehow.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Not every hardware device driver supports Direct X 9.0 yet. I have seen several hardware devices and even applications that do not support Direct X 9.0 and thus needed to downgrade or reinstall the OS to support the older Direct X version.

The S3 cards cost less than the ATI and Nvidia cards, but granted, they are cheaper because the technology was cheaper to make the card and those companies like Savage are not as quick to the draw to OS updates but they may not be because of the costs involved.

Unfortunately, you are caught in the transition, all you can do is peg Savage for when they plan to support Direct X 9.0. If the card was OEM, then they are not obligated to support it ever, unless the OEM requires it for their exisiting or newer cards.

Kinda sucks.

Q42.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back