Dirt 3

jeremy1982

What are your guys opinions on this game? I have played the 2nd one and got to say the 3rd one is living up to its potential! The whole gymkhana track is awsome definately adds more to the game!!

Well it's definitely been a great series, right from the start, with Dirt 1. Combined with a triple screen setup and an USB steering wheel with feedback, it's purely AWSOME. ;) If you don't drive cars in real life, it's hard to understand this awsomeness. I was amazed to see how close to the real thing it is and how real the steering wheel felt in my hands: the tension you feel while steering, the wheel getting blocked while drifting, not to mention the car's response to maneuvers, and stuff like that, it is just too good to be true.

I haven't yet tried Dirt 3, but will give it a shot this weekend. Anyway, I think it will be at least as cool as Dirt 2.

Nice. I have never played the game with the steering wheel, but from what your saying its quite the experience and definite must try so im look into that!! Triple screen setup would be awsome they show people playing like that in you tube videos and looks sick!! Dirt 3 is great they just don't have the big names in it like dirt 2 had!!

Well actually I haven't managed to make it work on triple screen and I think I don't have enough video RAM. I used SoftTH. The game loads then it freezes and an error pops up, something about video memory. My main card has only 384MB of memory and had some memory trouble with GTA IV as well.

About the steering wheel, you don't need a very expensive one, mine was about 100 bucks, but I gotta tell ya, sometimes I really feel the need for a clutch and gear stick. :cool:

maybe we should buy this

SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dirt3 Edition

6950.jpg

LOL :)

I just ordered a 6870 a couple days ago and I got my dirt 3 and shogun 2 game coupons before the card itself. So I curiously dl'd it and I've got to say, even without max settings on my old card, it look FREAKING amazing! I'm actually just playing on med settings and woah its even more colourful than dirt 2, and I love the menu layout. Its like some slow motion car drifting, while you choose your races from some random triangle pictures. I can't wait until the card comes so I can boot up some eyefinity...

ANYWAYS... the game's awesome, depending on how much you play it, I'd say it was worth the $50, on steam.

Back