Disk Defragmenter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen9x88

i just finish installed my windows xp and istalled some software like : window media player ,internet explorer 7,and others.after that i run disk defragmenter and it poup this message.anyone know how can i finish my disk defragmenter?
untitled-21.jpg

It`s quite normal that some files cannot be defragmented. In your case it`s the MFT(master file table) and your pagefile. This is absolutely nothing to worry about at all.

Regards Howard :)

As Howard said, nothing to worry about. If you defrag reguarly as you should, why not try a third party defrag software such as O & O Defrag? You can automate it to defrag your disks once a week.

oh no,my computer cannot completed disk defragmenter.
now my computer no need to disk defragmenter,but next time when my system run slow how??

What do you mean it can`t complete?

It says quite clearly in your screen shot that "Defragmentation is complete for: (D:). This means it`s finished.

Regards Howard :)

anyway i run disk defrag because i want my system faster.
and now my system just reinstall windowsxp and i think i don't need disk defragmenter for now.i trying others way to speed up my system.
can you guys show me some step to speed up system?
don't ask me run antivirus,spyware remover,because i think my system is clean.
untitled-23.jpg

Some system files are immovable. Windows defragger is a poor choice for a fragmenter. Use something like diskeeper. There are also tons of free ones out there. Auslogics is a good free one. There are also some things you can do to decrease fragmentation, like partition your C drive in to two partitions. Program windows to place temporary files from the internet and also from virtual memory onto the second partition. If you have a good back up schedule, turn off system restore and leave it off. Use something like goback or Apicorn EZgig 2 to back up (clone your system) to a second drive.

Speed It Up For Free, Thats A Good One Plus Defrag On It, I Could Be Wrong, But I Always Thought, When Defrag Couldnt Finish Some Files, You Restart Your Pc, And Run It Again, Im New To This,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back