Disk Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I wonder if you guys can help me out with a problem.
I have just changed the motherboard on a pc running Win 98SE and now it wont boot into windows except in safe mode. I suspect it may be a driver problem for the new M/B but in safe mode I cannot load the drivers from the pc, I could just reload the software but dont want to lose all the info on the disk.
I tried to put it into 2 other pc's as a second drive but in both cases it was not recognised in "my computer" although it was listed in device manager. This suggests a problem with the patritioning of the disk but if that was the case surely it would not load into safe mode.
Any suggests please??

In safe mode, delete everything in Device Manager referring to the old motherboard (bridges, controllers, integrated sound.. anything that belonged to the old mobo). It should boot in normal mode now and you can load the new drivers.

Thanx nodsu, I did that and it seems to have done the trick, altho I had a hell of a job getting it to accept some drivers,
Now it is ok I must get those files backed up and maybe reload all the software cos I am not 100% happy with it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back