Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received this error (see subject line or below) this evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my Windows 7 (64-bit) system.

Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop. The screen froze momentarily (1-2 seconds), the went black (1-2 seconds) and then came back to "normal" but with the error message in the bottom right corner of screen. If occurred 3-4 times within 2 minutes. I rebooted Photoshop and it has not occurred since, but I'm extremely worried since my computer is my livelihood and I cannot afford to be without it should it go down on me unexpectedly.

I had a local guy install this video card on my system 2-3 weeks ago: http://www.staples.com/PNY-GeForce-9600-GT-1GB-PCIe-Verto-Graphics-Card/product_784288?cmArea=SEARCH

Not sure if it is the culprit or not.

Here's the error again:

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Thanks in advance for any assistance that is provided.

TristanAnteros

Try downloading the latest drivers from nVidia click on support then download drivers, without knowing your exact Display adapter model i cant give you the exact page to download from

Status
Not open for further replies.