Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version 306.23 stopped responding

Hi could anyone pease help me, I have been at this for 3 days. my computer keeps getting the mesage ([FONT=arial]Display driver Nvidia[/FONT][FONT=arial] Windows Kernal Mode [/FONT][FONT=arial]Driver[/FONT][FONT=arial] Version 306.23[/FONT][FONT=arial]stopped responding and has[/FONT][FONT=arial] successfully [/FONT][FONT=arial]recovered). it started when I was playing anarchy online, my screen flickered and I got the bsod. after that even when I would play a movie or surf the web I would get the same thing again. I reverted back to my old driver and I could watch movies but not play games. this all started a day after I updated my geforce 8400m gs driver. I have tried many older drivers including using driver sweeper first and uninstalling my graphics card aswell. I have tried a registry cleaner, and have tried going back from recovery. now I am still getting the bsod frequently, except in safemode. safemode seems to work fine. I also downloaded speed fan, and the hottest anything is getting is 57 c. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Any ideas? I just have basic computer skills but I will try anything to fix this. [/FONT]

Back