Dissconnects from Games every 20 min for 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i have a huge problem on my hand, which dosn't seem to get any brighter at all after all the work i've put into fixing the problem.

I am a gamer and i can normally stay online in a game for more than 12 hours a day. But lately these 12 hours have become 20 minutes. Cause every time the DHCP server is contacted to uphold my IP, i dissconnect from the internet for 2-3 seconds.

I am directly connected to the modem without any kind of router (believe me i've tried several routers and it's still the same thing).
This have been going on for more than a month now. And i dont trust the competense at the provider at all...

I've been trying to manually hold up my internet connection to avoid the dc's by writhing, "ipconfig /all" to see how much time i have left on my lease times, and a few minutes before the lease time ends written "ipconfig /renew" to release time... but god i'm sick of doing that.

Does someone know a better way, or "maybe" what the REAL problem is here?

I dunno what kind of modem i have, but the trademark is ZyXEL, and it's not more than a year old.

Please help me, or at least comfort me!

Hmm, i doubt that...

I've only been using this modem for a little more than 4 months and when i got it, it was totally new from the Internet Provider.

Can my problem maybe be that the firmware needs an update?

Cable or DSL? There's a difference you know... DSL seems to be less affected by subscriber traffic than cable. A firmware upgrade might help. You never know how long those things sit on shelves before the are installed.

Are you running an on-board NIC or do you have a PCI NIC (Network Interface Card) in your computer? This is where the modem line plugs into your computer. There are driver updates for both PCI NIC cards and on-board NIC's too

It is definitely an onboard card.

I found my modem ZyXEL model, which is a P-660H-D1 tripleplay.
It's a DSL.

Uhm, i couldn't find my modem on the zyxel webpage, maybe it fall under the category of P-660H? O_o

OK found it, downloaded it and are following the guide to install... but i cam across a problem.

Seems like i'm doing something wrong.

It says that i need to put in these specific IP's on my NIC to make it work:

IP: 192.168.1.5
Subnet-mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

And i did it, but says it cant find it. So, ahm, tell me what i should do, and i'll see if i do something wrong please... *sigh*

Helgon said:
Hey, i have a huge problem on my hand, which dosn't seem to get any brighter at all after all the work i've put into fixing the problem.

I am a gamer and i can normally stay online in a game for more than 12 hours a day. But lately these 12 hours have become 20 minutes. Cause every time the DHCP server is contacted to uphold my IP, i dissconnect from the internet for 2-3 seconds.

I am directly connected to the modem without any kind of router (believe me i've tried several routers and it's still the same thing).
This have been going on for more than a month now. And i dont trust the competense at the provider at all...

I've been trying to manually hold up my internet connection to avoid the dc's by writhing, "ipconfig /all" to see how much time i have left on my lease times, and a few minutes before the lease time ends written "ipconfig /renew" to release time... but god i'm sick of doing that.

Does someone know a better way, or "maybe" what the REAL problem is here?

I dunno what kind of modem i have, but the trademark is ZyXEL, and it's not more than a year old.

Please help me, or at least comfort me!

In your router check the packet logs for TX and RX. If you don't have packet logs enabled to it so you can see what's going on. If the router is dropping packets you need to replace the router. To test this out you need to unplug the router and connect directly to the modem. If you can play your games without 2-3 second drop then you now know it's the router. If the modem doe s it then you know it's the modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back