Do I have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

Compused

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

Compused

No! Just get the Office 2007 and you'll be set..

Nope. You just need to be sure it is working properly. You already know everything is fine. Just shop for prices to be sure you are getting the best value... Some of the Microsoft free trials cost more to restore to full use than buying the software locally or online... We have saved as much as $63 by shopping around on a given day. Consider 2007 Home and Student as well... you may not need everything on Office 2007 Standard... We have seen 2007 Home and Student as low as $77... maybe others have seen it even lower...

I'm not bothered about having PowerPoint (although I hold certificates for OCR Levels 1 & 2), but I do want Word, Excel and Outlook. I am fed up with using Hotmail and am already with a provider so it wouldn't cost me any more to run email through Outlook. The advantage of having Outlook as against Hotmail is that you can use your Message Rules to block scam and sordid emails coming in.

I'd feel safer buying the CD rather than merely download it all, as if something goes wrong, you would have to pay for it again.

Compused

Still not sure.

Hi. I'm new to all this. I bought my computer in 2007 with Vista. I think I'd really like to get the new Windows 7 "office standard" as opposed to the Windows 7 Home Premium. Did I read the earlier questions/answers right? Can I do this upgrade without alot of hassel? I'm not knowledgable about doing difficult procedures. I have 500 MHZ processor and 1.5 GB memory on my computer. Thanks for your help.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back