Does anyone know how to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishrams

Ok heres what i got. I have a xp iso but i do not know how to put it on a flash drive and make it bootable. Any help. Also any info you need i will post if needed.
-Ishrams

I guess u should burn it on CD/DVD , then just copy all the files in the CD/DVD and paste them in your formatted USB-flashdisk (format the USB-Flashdisk before pasting the files to avoid any kind of technical Problems during the Installation) . Please make sure to copy all the files from the CD/DVD including the hidden ones (if available). then shutdown your computer , power it on and enter the Boot settings (press F2 or F5 or F12 i am not sure it depends on the Motherboard you have) while having your USB-flashdisk plugged in. After that set your Flashdisk as the Primary-Boot device and thats it ! the installation should start. If u dont wanna lose a DVD/CD (lol) and have DAEMON TOOLS or POWERISO Software then , you should be able to directly extract the iso Image to your Flashdisk without the need to burn it onto a CD/DVD. ! . GOOD LUCK

I have a 1gig flash drive but i already tried those suggestions but it jus didn't boot. It took like 2-3 hours to copy everything to the drive. Do i have to format the flash drive in a special way?

I have a 1gig flash drive but i already tried those suggestions but it jus didn't boot. It took like 2-3 hours to copy everything to the drive. Do i have to format the flash drive in a special way?
How did you format it?

Some flash drives simply don't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back