Does iBoobs show why Android Market beats the App Store?

Emil

Staff

Back in December 2008, Apple removed an app called iBoobs from its App Store. Now the app that allows you to literally shake the breasts of various female avatars has returned… on the Android Marketplace.

Android 2.1 or above is required. The three-minute video below is courtesy of Daily Mobile:

The Android app still has all the options of the iOS release. There are two flavors: a paid version for $2.00 and a free Lite version. Improvements in the Android release include 15 achievements to unlock (no, we're not kidding), touchscreen support, and statistics tracking.

The app's developer, Mystic Game Development, insists that Google understands boobs, as well as the freedom that app producers and app consumers want:

We recently decided to do an experiment and create iBoobs for Android, which is now currently available in the Android app market store. We think the fact that it is available on Android does show that the Android platform offers more flexibility and is more open-minded to app developers.

Two years ago, Apple cracked down on adult-themed iOS apps, removing hundreds of them from the App Store and rejecting new submissions. Do you agree with Google's strategy of being more accepting or Apple's closed system?

Permalink to story.

well, I don't really agree or disagree with this, but if you pay for something you should be able to do what ever you want with it. That includes "adult themed apps."

It would be interesting to pull down statistics to see just how many people claim its an *****ic software, but upon discovering it, downloaded it.

But in all seriousness, it IS a pretty silly piece of software... if that's the way the company promotes their physics engine.... well this isn't the best way :x

Guys I think you're missing the point. The point is that Androids open system is better for developers than the soon to be name changed "app store".

I understand the underlying point. Unfortunately, everyone else seems to be presuming this is all it'll be really used for and are trying to pretend they're too high brow to appreciate such things.

the point is, the Android marketplace is gonna be full of even more useless software like this now. every dev failing to get their software approved for the Apple app store, are gonna turn to Android. poor apps like this, plus the slow to no Android OS updates, is why my next phone will be a Blackberry or WP7. i'd even choose iOS before i think about Android, but lets hope it doesnt come to that. not because i think it's a bad phone, it's just they all look the same, and i prefer something other than a colour change.

"slow to no Android OS updates"

Your opinion is now invalid due to your obvious lack of knowledge. Android is updated just as frequently as iOS.

Well it's great that someone has opened up for less-standard developers like those who created iBoobs, but this will not go unattended, and sooner or later; an Android-owner has to scroll between countless of crappy low-budget applications in order to find even the most simple piece of code.

Provided that the Android applications-store does not start with filtering the results by high-Q, low-Q like MySpace did with comments, several years ago.

^^^
Look at all the angry neckbeards! Watch out, boobs are scary and so are women!

What i don't think you realise, the app can be as crap as they get, the point is Google aren't showing as clandestine a nature as Apple.

Plus, I have a wife, and this app makes me giggle. It's nothing to do with "wow those achievements SUCK! wtf. i dont even have a girlfriend and i dont find this interesting." Hurrr.

All of you talking about the android store filling up with "crappy" "useless" apps are missing tha point, FACT: BOTH APPSTORES ARE FULL OF USELESS AND OR REPEATED APPS! Which has already been easily solved by "most popular" "most downloaded" and ratings in case you HAVEN'T noticed this discussion is about freedom of posting whatever the developers want if the community wants adult apps they should get adult apps not have apple act like the parent to hundreds of 18+ year olds who no longer need a parent let REAL parents deal with the adult apps apple doesn't filter "crappy" or "useless" apps they filter adult apps or apps that compete with their products like no windows live email seriously WHAT THE f####!?

Looks like it is made of pure silicon. Oh i mean the electronics are made of silicon. Waste of time for games like these. Just play sudoku.

Princeton said:
"slow to no Android OS updates"

Your opinion is now invalid due to your obvious lack of knowledge. Android is updated just as frequently as iOS.

Agreed, but it only represent half the picture, the other half is pretty disgusting generally, as cell phone manufacturers + carriers do not release these updates in a timely manner, in fact, sometimes they simply deny their customers such 'luxury'.

I can't wait until somebody gets killed by a preoccupied driver playing "iBoobs behind the wheel of a 6000 pound SUV.

I wonder if that would change the absurd rationale and high moral principles behind this ridiculous thread.

Somebody should pack a ton of Twinkys and a years supply of Ritalin, then go off by themselves and try to download and use Apple's 100.000 iPhone "crapppplications". Give the rest of the world a break.

Agreed, but it only represent half the picture, the other half is pretty disgusting generally, as cell phone manufacturers + carriers do not release these updates in a timely manner, in fact, sometimes they simply deny their customers such 'luxury'.

I get that. But my galaxy S from samsung was the first non google phone to get 2.3(leaked). And most people say samsung is terrible for updates so it really isn't as extreme as people say it is.

And then we always have CyanogenMod, the latest android release available. for many devices.

It is, but at least they have promissed an 'official' gingerbread upgrade (i.e. probably 2.3.2) for SGS in near future; lets wait and see what transpires in combination with TW 4.0.

@Guest: (if its true)

Google is being a hypocrite: because it is such a dissapointment for all those 'silicon' lovers out there.

Back